Model Towns Charitable Trust (MTCT) policy on use of electronic transaction donation
button and cancellation/ refund policy.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure donors’ refund/ cancellation requests are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
This policy is limited to payments made through the online payment gateway on Model Towns Charitable Trust website and payments made via the Vodafone M-Paisa app to Model Towns Charitable Trust.
Donations and refunds
We may refund the donation if;
1. There was an error made in the amount
2. The donation was made by a vulnerable person
3. There are exceptional circumstances that can be proven
4. The request is received within seven days of the donation being made.
We will not refund the donation if;
1. The donor changes his or her mind
2. The funds of the donation have been utilised
3. The request is made after seven days of the donation being made
4. The donor has been deceived by fraudulent activity
5. The person applying for the refund is different from the donor details of the payment
6. We are asked to credit an account different from the account the payment originated from
The donor agrees by using the donation button/app they are solely liable for the retrieval of misdirected funds. Should the error be made by Model Towns Charitable Trust, one of our representatives, or our financial institution we will assist in every way possible to right the wrong.
Application for a refund
To apply for a refund, MTCT must receive a written request providing full name, full mailing address, and phone number. It should include details of how and when the donation was made, the amount given, and the circumstances justifying the request. Upon receipt, we will review refund requests and respond within 3 business days.
IN ADDITION TO THE REFUND POLICY
– If your return is approved we will refund it to your credit card (or original method of payment).
– you will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer policy.